OGSERA: How It Standardized Ogun Teachers
Ogun State Ministry of Education deserves an accolades for the beautiful innovation and development of education in the state, with the establishment of OGSERA Portal.
The portal since inception has been productive and have immensely upgraded the standard of education in the state. You might be asking how this has actually upgraded standards of education. Below are the ways OGSERA Portal has upgraded standards of education in Ogun State.
Also read: OGSERA Portal: Benefits to Education in Ogun State
1. It makes the Ogun State teachers highly computer literate. The numbers of the computer literate Teachers across state has tremendously increased due to the need to make use of the portal. Ageing teachers at the verge of their retirement are seen learning computer and uploading their pupils/students results themselves. The good thing about the innovation is that, they find it fun doing it.
2. It has boosted the learners morale. Ogun State secondary school learners now check download their results online. This makes most of them that are internet enthusiasts to be eager to finish their results as they know that they can easily access their results online. This also helps to boost their computer literacy skills.
3. Uploading of their student’s results stands them out. Not so many states in Nigeria has this policy working in their states. Now, every student in Ogun State has a unique number in which he/she can simply type in and access his/her profile. This profile has the details of every learner, ranging from picture to names, to date of birth, address, year of admission and other vital information concerning all learners.
4. Every student’s result is now marked. As against the rumor that teachers in public schools in Nigeria don’t mark their student’s results, Ogun State is an exception as they mark and upload their learner’s results immediately after the completion of their examination.
How to Upload Results to the OGSERA Portal
5. It makes it easier to track the academic performance of learners. This innovation is one of the best things that have happened to Education in Ogun State. Learner’s academic performance is easily monitored by the OGSERA Portal. You can mark the learner’s attendance online, input their CA, psychomotor, Exams online. The teacher also gives his/her comment about the learners performance before the results are downloaded.
All these and more are how Education standard has been immensely upgraded in the Gateway State, Ogun State of Nigeria.
Would you like to learn how to navigate the OGSERA Portal? Click here.